© 2010 - 2012 Photography Art Cafe. All Rights Reserved.
Famous Photography Quotes From Artists and Writers
Take a look at what some well known artists from other fields have remarked about photography as a whole. I've chosen quotes from people whose thoughts are always worth listening to...
- It [photography] is my one recreation and I think it should be done well. Lewis Carroll
- I hate cameras. They are so much more sure than I am about everything. John Steinbeck
- Memory demands an image. Bertrand Arthur William Russell
- Photographs really are experience captured, and the camera is the ideal arm of consciousness in its acquisitive mood. Susan Sontag
- Unless a picture shocks, it is nothing. Marcel Duchamp
- I have always been very interested in photography. I have looked at far more photographs than I have paintings. Because their reality is stronger than reality itself. Francis Bacon
- I have discovered photography. Now I can kill myself. I have nothing else to learn. Pablo Picasso
- Two of the most frustrated trades are dentists and photographers- dentists because they want to be doctors, and photographers because they want to be painters. Pablo Picasso
- In every photographer there was a painter, a true artist, awaiting expression. Pablo Picasso
- If it is practiced by a man of taste, the photograph will have the appearance of art (but) the photographer must... intervene as little as possible, so as not... to lose the objective charm which it naturally possesses. Henri Matisse