© 2010 - 2012 Photography Art Cafe. All Rights Reserved.
Famous Photography Quotes About Post-Processing
Does Photoshop destroy the integrity of pictures, or it just a better, faster darkroom? The role of post-production explored through a collection of quotes...
- The negative is comparable to the composer's score and the print to its performance. Each performance differs in subtle ways. Ansel Adams
- "Oh, yes, I was a great retoucher. A retoucher is an aesthetic surgeon !" Man Ray
- Actually, I'm not all that interested in the subject of photography. Once the picture is in the box, I'm not all that interested in what happens next. Hunters, after all, aren't cooks. Henri Cartier-Bresson
- If it is practiced by a man of taste, the photograph will have the appearance of art (but) the photographer must... intervene as little as possible, so as not… to lose the objective charm which it naturally possesses. Henri Matisse
- The picture is good or not from the moment it was caught in the camera. Henri Cartier-Bresson
- Photography has not changed since its origin except in its technical aspects, which for me are not important. Henri Cartier-Bresson
- The term accessories has come to include a host of photographic gadgets of questionable value... Ansel Adams
- I am sure the next step will be the electronic image, and I hope I shall live to see it. I trust that the creative eye will continue to function, whatever technological innovations may develop. Ansel Adams