© 2010 - 2012 Photography Art Cafe. All Rights Reserved.
Online Photography Magazines
What are the best photography magazines online?
There are a growing number of excellent online photography magazines. Some focus on a certain area of photography, some on the best work being produced around the world, and some on helping amateurs and enthusiasts improve.
But there is one, in my experience, which covers just about everything and provides a fantastic resource for keen photographers of all experience levels.
|Loaded with tips, tutorials and reviews, including helpful forums, featuring articles on big news in the world of photography and with opportunities to share your work, ephotozine is well worth discovering!|
What can you find at ephotozine...?
- Tutorials and techniques. There's a large and growing part of the site which features tutorials on all things from basic camera controls to advanced Photoshop tricks. The step-by-step instructions are clearly written and easy to follow.
I always pick up something new from a quick visit to ephotozine because all the tips are practically geared and get straight to the point. There are also lots of interesting articles by members explaining the techniques they use in their work.
- Photo sharing galleries.When you take a great picture it's got to be shared! The community at ephotozine is really active and comments soon appear under submitted images.
There are lots of good photographers whose positive feedback can be a real boost, and constructive criticism extremely helpful. But don't just create your own gallery of images, enter the best ones into one of ephotozine's many competitions!
Not many online photography magazines have such a large and vibrant community as ephotozine.
- Photography equipment reviews and buyers' guides. The reviews on ephotozine really are extremely comprehensive. It's a great place to go if you're weighing up the pro's and cons of a potential purchase - whether it's a camera, filter, lens, tripod, bag or whatever.
Plus, buyers' guides provide some really helpful price comparisons which make finding a good deal a lot easier.
- Forums. Because ephotozine is one of the most popular online photography magazines, the forums are full of activity.
If you post a question you can expect an answer in good time, and previous threads contain a wealth of information, tips and advice.
Take a look at these reviews of my personal favourite photography magazines!
|...and my favourite feature|
- Ephotozine TV! Ok, this is probably the feature that makes ephotozine the best of all online photography magazines for me.
Sometimes you just don't feel like applying yourself to reading a long tutorial. However clear and well illustrated, it can get a bit tedious.
So, ephotozine has compiled all of the best photography video tutorials from the web and put them into a section called ephotozine tv; handy or what?!
The videos are divided into four sections: the tutorial channel, the equipment channel, the shopping channel and the photography showcase channel. I'm always checking out the latest additions and have learnt so much from this area of the site.
- Directories of good photography websites. I love discovering the website of a really talented photographer and just browsing through their galleries.
It's an excellent way to find inspiration, but can sometimes be difficult to do simply through using a search engine. Ephotozine moderates the quality of its website listings so you can be sure to come across some good stuff here.
- Contests and photography news. Ephotozine runs dozens of contests, with entrants from all over the world and good quality prizes up for grabs.
They are easy to enter and a fun way to draw a bit of attention to your pictures. You can also catch up with the latest news in the wider world of photography.
|'E2' Membership with Ephotozine brings loads more cool features, like seeing your images displayed on their homepage!||
Have Your Say and Share Your Photos
Feel free to talk about the online photography magazines you enjoy reading. Tell us which ones you've found to be most helpful, entertaining etc. Share your photos too!