© 2010 - 2012 Photography Art Cafe. All Rights Reserved.
Photography Art Cafe Writers' Guidelines
This is a quick guide to help you understand how best to write articles for Photography Art Cafe. Under Key Standards, the basic criterion that have to met for any article to be considered for publication have been listed. Under Style Guidelines, a few best practices for the tone and 'voice' of your article have been outlined.
If you are still in doubt about anything at all after reading this, don't hesitate to ask your questions directly, here.
- All articles must be 600 - 900 words. Try to keep your article as close to within this range as possible. 600 is an absolute minimum, whilst you can stray a bit over the 900 mark if need be.
- Facts and descriptions must be accurate. If I find that an article is riddled with factual errors, and so of no use to anyone, it will not be eligible for publication/payment. If there's a detail you're not 100% sure about, quickly research it to make certain.
- It's stating the obvious, but standards of grammar, spelling and syntax must be adequate (an informal/chatty style with shortenings, abbreviations etc is absolutely fine though).
- Write for beginners. Don't assume technical knowledge on the part of the reader. Spell things out.
- Write as though you are talking to a friend over a drink about the subject/product in question. The reader should feel as though they are being given good, honest advice by a friend, but a friend who really knows what they're talking about! Weave in your own personal opinions as well as outlining facts and specifications.
- Be balanced. Whether you love something or hate it, be fair about both its strengths and shortcomings.
- Use short paragraphs to make for easy reading online (where people tend to skim read).
N.B. All articles written for Photography Art Cafe will receive editing before publication. This editing is not for the purpose of improving the article in itself. Rather, it is to make small changes that will give the article a greater chance of appearing prominently on search engine results pages.
|Stay in touch and share this with friends:|